The Department of Research was established in January 2008 as the steward of Biomedical and Behavioral research for the nation. The Department aims to pursue science through research in fundamental knowledge about the nature and behavior of living systems and the application of that knowledge to extend healthy life and reduce the burdens of illness and disability.
Mission and Objectives
- Develop & implement health research Policies and Guidelines.
- Establish the National Health Research Priorities and Encourage New Research Strategies and Approaches at basic, clinical, & translational levels.
- Train new leaders who will constitute the professional workforce and intellectual resources of Qatar & ultimately the whole region
Policies and Guidelines Mission
Develop and implement regulations and practices reflective of the needs to perform world class and state-of-the-art biomedical research in Qatar by:
- Creating and implementing ethical guidelines & policies to protect and promote the safety of human subjects involved in research
- Creating and implementing policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals in Research
- Supporting educational programs and monitoring Compliance with the Policies